|The applicant is requesting is requesting a one year extension of their site plan approval to June 15, 2019
|Recommendation by Planning Commission
Decision City Council on: June 5
|60 DAY RULE
|The property is located on Northdale Boulevard, adjacent to the Northstar Riverdale Station.
|On June 15, 2017 Sherman Associates was granted site plan approval for two apartment buildings, a 180 unit building and a 70 unit building. Both buildings include underground parking. The site plan was approved with the following conditions:
Site plan approval is valid for one year; the applicant is requesting a one year extension to that approval. The Planning Commission can recommend and the City Council may approve an extension of site plan approval for a period of up to one year upon a finding that:
- The project comply with City Code Title 11.
- The applicant enter into a site security agreement with the City.
- All engineering comments be addressed.
- Park dedication in the amount of $1,300 per apartment unit and $5,000 per acre for the commercial site be paid prior to the issuance of building permits, unless otherwise determined by City Council.
- Approval and recording of the final plat.
- Crosswalks installed where sidewalks cross driveways and the north end of the connector drive.
- The sidewalk on the north side of the development drive be installed as part of Phase 2.
- Street trees be installed at 35' intervals along the west side of the development drive near the pond, both sides of the connector drive and along Northdale Boulevard.
- Foundation plantings at the ratio of one shrub per linear foot of foundation be provided around the West and East apartment buildings.
- The area around the pond with be improved with a trail, trees, shrubs and prairie plantings.
- All landscaped areas must be irrigated.
- All signs require separate sign permits. The sign copy area is limited to 100 square feet, the maximum height is 10 feet and minimum setback is 10 feet from property lines. The signs can not interfere with visibility at the intersections and their final location will be approve by city staff at the time of permitting
- Public art must be included in the project near the station area.
- Pedestrian scale lighting must be provided along the sidewalks on both sides of the connecting drive, along both sides of the pedestrian corridor between the East building and along Northdale Boulevard sidewalk. Full cutoff lighting fixture must be used.
- The buildings achieve at least a comparable rating as "LEED Certified".
- Roof top mechanical equipment must be screened using materials incorporated into and compatible with the building.
- Landscaped peninsulas will be required in three areas of the project to break up the continuous row of spaces, two in the parking lot in front of the 181 unit building and one in the lot in front of the 70 unit building
The extension is needed to allow the applicant additional time to arrange financing. The proposal has not changed and remains in conformance with the Land Use Plan and City Code standards.
- The proposed use, or uses, are consistent with the zoning current at the time of the request for an extension is considered; and
- The project design meets applicable City Code standards, including this Section, in effect at the time the request for an extension is considered.
|In Planning Case 17-12, the Planning Commission move to recommend approval of a one year extension of the site plan approval.