Back to Calendar
Park & Rec - Regular
Recreation Updates for March 2019
1. Park and Recreation brochure arrived at home the last week of February. Staff received calls of thanks for doing this publication which promotes our community. The project is the works of all staff that put on programs in every department and designed in-house by the City marketing team.
2. The Recreation Services Division is hiring a summer intern. Finalists were interviewed on Friday the 8th. The intern will gain knowledge of municipal recreation while assisting many recreation components. The position will be stationed at the Civic Center.
3. Warming houses have closed for the season. Traditionally rinks have been maintained through President's Day, but due to the extended winter weather, rinks closed on March 8th. The budget is still in line with other years, with a late start to the season and many closings due to cold and snowfall.
4. Softball leagues are filling up with just a handful of Co-Rec spots available on Monday and Wednesday nights. Leagues are slated to start the last Monday in April.
5. Riverwind Community Building is open for use. There have been many inquiries and and bookings. 2019 hours booked has surpassed those of previous year with over 2000 hour booked.
6. The Senior Center publishes a bi-monthly newsletter called "Voices of Experience", which can be found on the City website. The Senior Center too was affected by the recent snow storms, having to cancel and reschedule some trips.
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2019 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved